How To Get Rid Of Rats In Tampa Without The Use Of Pesticides
February 14, 2023 - Rodents
Rats are known for being dangerous pests that can cause damage to the structures of many homes while also transmitting potentially life-threatening diseases. Unfortunately, rodents are generally known to reproduce quickly, making them problematic invaders to eliminate.
If rats have taken over your home, now is the time to find out if they travel in air vents, discover how to block mice and rats from settling into your walls, and learn about the various non-toxic ways to get rid of rats. Wise Owl Plus provides reliable pest control in Tampa if you are struggling with a rat infestation.
Do Rats Travel In Air Vents?
Air vents are one of the many entry points that rats can use to get inside your home. They can do this if your vents have cracks in them and if there are gaps between the ducts and the walls. Fixing all cracks and installing wire mesh can lower the risk of rats coming in. Rodents can also chew through metal structures and insulation, making it essential to inspect ductwork and fix it regularly. Air vents are not the only way for rats to get indoors.
If you suspect that rats have started to invade, read on to learn how to block mice and rats from living inside your walls.
How To Block Mice And Rats From Living In The Walls
When given a chance, rats in Tampa will often settle in walls where they can find shelter safely. Some home remedies to get rid of rats in the walls include the following:
- Seal any holes that mice could use as entry points, especially if they existed before the infestation.
- Mice shy away from light. Having lights turned on at a scheduled time or installing motion-sensor lights can prevent mice from crawling into walls.
- Reach out to a pest control company that can help you get rid of rats that have settled into your walls.
If you suspect that rats have invaded your home, it is only a matter of time before they get into your walls, where getting rid of them will be more difficult. Keep reading to learn about the various non-toxic ways to get rid of rats before dealing with rats inside your walls.
What Are Non-Toxic Ways To Get Rid Of Rats?
The best way to get rid of rats is to focus on prevention and follow up with regular inspections by licensed technicians. You can prevent rats from getting in with the following tips:
- Make sure to repair all cracks and gaps in the structure of your home to reduce the number of entry points.
- Do not leave food out, especially overnight, and clean all cooking and dining areas regularly.
- Do not keep bushes and trees close to the structure of your home, as mice and rats can use them to hide and create their entry points.
- Contact a pest control company that can inspect your property and help you get rid of factors that might be attracting rats. Our trained specialists can recommend tactics to prevent rats.
When it comes to rats, getting rid of them safely is crucial. Try not to use store-bought pesticides, which can be hazardous if misused, and when in doubt, seek out professional advice.
Rodent Control The Easy Way In Tampa
The fastest and easiest way to get rid of rodents is to hire a professional pest control company with the experience needed to conduct thorough inspections and create a treatment plan that fits your needs and unique situation. Our team of experts will work with you to eliminate your rat problem while keeping your needs in mind.
Do not expose yourself and your family to the long list of diseases rats carry, including salmonella, rat-bite fever, and hantavirus pulmonary syndrome. If you are struggling with a rat problem on your Tampa property, Wise Owl Plus can help you get rid of them safely and effectively.
"Wise Owl Plus did a terrific job removing rodents from my attic. They were able to come out the same day I called. They were very professional and the service was preformed better than expected. They removed all the insulation, sanitized the attic, sealed all holes and laid down new insulation in my attic."
I would definitely hire them again and would recommend them for any pest problems.